Baby baths

My DS is 3 months and has out grown the infant seat in his baby bath but he cant sit up on his own yet. What should I do? I still use the seat, but he is a little wiggle worm and I am afraid he is going slip out of my hands and get hurt.

Emilypit

Asked by Emilypit at 6:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://babyproduct-reviews.com/primo-euro-baby-bath.html

buy buy buy. heaven. impossible 4 baby to slip and you can use it for a LONG time.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had this great blow-up bathtub I used for awhile. DS learned to sit up in it. Before he was able to sit up, I just made sure the water wasn't too deep, so he could lay in it without his face going under, and I always had a hand on him. You can do that in the bathtub, too, as long as you're right there with your hand on him the whole time. In fact, come to think of it, I never had a baby bath with an infant seat. I started out bathing him in the tub with a special-shaped sponge supporting his upper body, but I still had to have my hand under his head the whole time he was in there.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• you'll get a minimum of 21 more months out of it. we actually went a little longer than 2 yrs for ours because still was a good fit and easier/faster to clean than the whole entire bath-tub. LOL.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We never used the baby bath. We just laid a fluffy towel on the bottom of the tub, and ran a little warm water.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You can buy a bath chair.
    We had the blow up Rubber Bath Tub that goes inside the regular tub. And I just laid baby against the side and it worked great. Even a little towel under their bottom helped from them slipping. It's a really great thing to buy. HOWEVER, not if you have limited space. Since it needs to be blown up we kept it blown up, so we didn't have to do that every day for bath. It is quite big, so if you have no storage then it's not a great buy.

For our daughter we bought a Mesh covered bath seat that worked great for her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011