Is alot of spit of normal?

I am Breast Feeding my Month old baby and she seems so spit up alot. I don't know if my breast milk is not sitting well with her or do babys just spit up alot. Thanks!

Mrsroeder22

Asked by Mrsroeder22 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son spit up all the time!!!! he was ff. id say after she eats, have her in a upright position for a half hr and see if that helps any.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Some babies just spit up a lot. Chances are shes getting too much too quick and probably needs to be burped a bit more Mama ;)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yea its normal for babies to spit up... does she cry alot? because my girlfriend has a three month old and she use to spit up alot but she also cried alot they took her to the doctors and found out she has acid reflux. it was bothering her so bad it was causing her to spit up everything.
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 6:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My son used to spit up a little almost every time he nursed. People sometimes suggested to me that he had GERD, which I thought was kind of silly because all babies have reflux to some degree and it's normal as their digestive tract matures. There ARe however babies that have it worse and need treatment. If your baby is showing signs of being in pain from it, or isn't getting enough nutrition, than it's worth checking into.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Spit up happens. Be sure to burp frequently

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My now 5 year old DD spit up all the time. We could tell when she was full because she spit up, but would still try to drink. DS, now 3, on the other hand, almost never spit up. They were both formula feed, I could not breast feed for medical reasons(medicine I needed to take).
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 8:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011