Basketball brawl

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13933292

Its a shame that grown people act this way in front of kids.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 6:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I used to coach little league (t-ball) and OMG at the parents!!!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• OP, you are so right, It is a shame!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I coach girls soft ball ages 8-10. For the most part the parents are pretty good

My daughter played baseball one year and I was so annoyed with the Dads yelling at their kids...blah
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My kids both played on traveling, comp, soccer teams for about 10 years. My husband and I would never sit with the parent group- We would bring our chairs and reading materials and sit at one far end of the field. Youth sports reduces many parents to idiot status. My kids were playing among and with high level players- NONE of those kids are earning a pay check from their soccer skills, although some did attend college on scholarships.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My daughter plays volleyball, runs Cross Country, etc and we don't see anything even NEAR this.... YIKES! Parent's in our league are all easy going, usually meeting at the same pizza place afterwards and hanging out...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Sports parents can be ruthless and get a little crazy. I was bashed for allowing my daughter to be in pageants by some friends but the pageant circuit in our area is filled with wonderful people and I have only been around a few freak show parents. In sports that is all we deal with. If my kids didn't love soccer, baseball and football as much as they do I would pull them. They are learning that some people are crazy and to avoid them I suppose. 

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 7:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think in some cases parents are so much more competative than their kids are, and it ruins it for kids who would otherwise have a good time and not feel prejudice against kids from other teams. I think it's really wrong.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We stopped participating in Flag Football because of the parents AND the coaches. The Y refused to even try and rein things in. Our oldest suffered a mild concussion because one teams's coach didn't really get the whole flag thing..and his kids were tackling...that was our last year.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• This is why kids act like they do these days. Yes, most of the time it's the parents fault
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2011