Be honest, what do you think of the name Mia?

We are expected a girl in July. MY DH and I decided to name our daughter Mia  meaning mine in Spanish and Italian. He spoke to his mother and brother in France and they shot it down and insist on MIla.  They said kids would tease her because it sounds too much like meow! I love the name Mia... What do you think?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Baby Names

• i think it is a beautiful name and you should name her whatever name you love :)
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 6:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I like it a lot....and pretty much ANY name you come up with you can make a joke out of it in some way or another...especially a kid :)

Our dd's name is going to be Mica .....she will be born any day now :) Mica is only one letter different...lol....pronounced with the long i sound.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I like the name, not enough to give it to my own child but I do like it
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think it is beautiful. My MIL didn't like dd name(Morgen) she had to deal with it.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think its a simply beautiful name and I love how it sounds. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think it's a very pretty name :)
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Love the name Mia, and it;s not one you hear everyday!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I like it 5 years ago and like it 5 years from now. Not today though. Too trendy. Way too popular.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I LOVE the name Mia. ( I would pronounce is Me ah). It is your daughter, not your inlaws. Name the baby whatever you and your husband decide.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I just double checked, last year it was #10 most popular baby girl name in entire country. compare to when I was born my name Jennifer was #1 .... in my kindergarten class *alone* (just my own actual class, not counting the 3 other Kinder. rooms down the hall) there were 11 Jennifers + 1 Jenifer. We were numbered like cattle and had no individuality. that tall jennifer the fat jennifer the jennifer with the green coat, etc. Mia will be similar, since it's similar in popularity.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011