Any mom out there have a child with Craniosynostosis

I am not sure if this is exactly what it is , but my 6 month old son does not have a soft spot. This means that the bones on the top of his skull might have fused together. He has to have a CT scan to determine if that is the case. If the bones are not fused, we would then have to talk about him wearing a helmet. Just curious if anyone has any advise or if anyone has had to deal with this.

LDA33

Asked by LDA33 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have two friends who have had babies with it. Both required surgery at about 8 months old.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son Alexander was in a helmet for almost a year because he had torticollis(neck muscle was extremely tight it couldnt move) which gave him a misshaped head and flattening of the back of his head on the side where his neck was tight. I dont know about what your son has. But the helmet is a miracle. Good luck your son!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 1:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my son had craniosyntosis. he was born in 1991 whne he was 2 months old they done his sugery.
    it was an7 hour surgery. no laser they didnt do that back then. he never had to wear a helmet. he played all kinds of sports in school including contact sports. football was his favorite. nothing slowed him down!!! he is now 20 year old perfect round head. he is in the process of trying to pass his asvab test for the army. his recruiter said it will not keep him out of the military. good luck with your little one. but from my stand point to now having a child that is now a man that had craniosyntosis . everything is fine!!!!
    cinwagon3

Answer by cinwagon3 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2011