how can we get our daughter out of our bed at nite?

our daughter is 8 yrs old,she has a beautiful bedroom with a new b/r suite in it she has slept in her room by herself maybe 6x she cries & begs me to sleep in our bed,what do we do? help,needing my hubby alone! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At 8 yrs old she should be able to make it all night in her room. At least she is now old enough you can sit her down and talk to her about it. I would tell her that she just can't sleep in your bed anymore because that is where mommy and daddy sleep! You could start out by doing a chart or something for every night she sleeps in her own room she could get a star. Then after a week she could earn a prize. It is probably just a habit and if you stand your ground you will break her of it.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 9:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Here's what I'd do: if she comes to your bed at night, don't speak with her. Guide her back to her room and put her back in her bed. Tuck her in, then leave. Repeat as necessary.
    Lock your door. She's old enough to get her own water, take herself to the bathroom and sleep on her own.
    Stay consistent. You and your husband need your own space, your own time to be together.
    Good luck!
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 9:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I am having the same problem with my 2 1/2 year old. All i keep doing is sending her back to her bed and telling her "no more mommys bed" she cries for a few minutes but she goes back to sleep. Its hard to keep doing it cause of all the times putting her back in her bed but if you want your bed and your hubby to yourself you gotta stick to it! I know its hard cause im going thru the same thing!!
    mish_1125

Answer by mish_1125 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I am going through this as well, my daughter has a room full of everything she could want. It is 10:30 pm and once again we are in a fight with her. It is driving me crazy, I seriously want to just cry, I need a full nights sleep with out the drama. I am going to try the idea about a chart if nothing else she is motivated with toys. UGH....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• been there done that just lead them back to there room. and let them know they have there own room and this is mom and dads.. once you get the problem straightened out don't let it happen again.
    kanela

Answer by kanela at 10:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2008