My kid 2 year old is very harded wat do i do?

My son does everything i tell him not to do, hitting his sis and throwin fits and smart mouthing me.i need help

his1gurl

Asked by his1gurl at 11:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you spank? time outs, taking toys and privileges away...
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 12:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Watch the Super Nanny! Also try timeouts when he does something he shouldn't. But you have to be consistent and you have to do it properly or it won't work as well. That is where Supper Nanny comes in...............................she will show you how to do it the Right way!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Instead of telling him what NOT to do, tell him what TO do.
    "No hitting" can be replaced with "soft, gentle touches"..

And how does a 2 year old smart mouth?? He's 2!! He is learning boundaries..

Something tells me you do a lot of screaming at your children- chill out and they will, too.. Keep him entertained. Play with him. He's picking up on your foul moods..
    Children are products of their environment..

I would not suggest spanking, I would suggest spending more time with your child.. Teach him how to play with others, rather than leaving him to learn on his own. Obviously he's going to do behaviours which get him the most attention.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008