Gallbladder problem syptoms.

Okay so for over a week now I have had cramping, major gas, belching, bloating, diarreha, and vomiting. I also have run a slight fever and headaches. Granted I do have a UTI that is pretty bad, but urgent care doctor said the stomach problems are totally different than the UTI problems. He said that my stomach and intestine probably lost all good bacteria and now my stomach is super irritated. He said to take imodium, Prilosec OTC, and gas medication and it should go away. I am now getting some dull pains in right side, but gas and bloating has gone away. I have for past week had a few days of major stomach issues explained above, then have a day that I feel much better and think it is all gone, and then it comes back and gets worse each time it seems. My aunt who just had her gall bladder removed said my symptoms were similar to hers. What are some of your experiences? Should I trust the PA from urgent care (could not get into regular Dr). I was in such bad pain last night at 3am I almost went to ER.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like it. The pain will just get worse and the pain episodes will get longer and longer and be more painful. There is nothing you can do to help it either besides removal and watching your diet....but even when you watch your diet there's no help.
    I would look into it!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes. when this started it was like half a day, then a full day and this weekend it was saturday into this morning. It is to the point I do not want to eat or drink. I am scared to do so. I mean I am feeling fine, and going to attempt dinner here.
    MommyPeck3

Comment by MommyPeck3 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would say that the pain I experienced during gall bladder attacks were much worse than labor pains. I couldn't breath, I was just miserable. I would head to the ER when you think that something is wrong and they can give you an ultrasound and it will give you answers.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i had gallbladder issues after giving birth
    all i remember is strange shoulder pain
    i happened top mention to friend who had hers out after giving birth, had it checked out
    it was recovering on its own
    after birth gallbladder issues pretty common

feel better
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You have to be persistent. I kept going and they treated me for an ulcer and I went to the ER several times. The last time I went to the ER I was in so much pain they had to give me morphine. They finally did an ultrasound and found out it was my gallbladder. When I woke up I was being medevaced to another ER and they had to perform emergency surgery. I had so many stones that they had no choice but to take out my gallbladder. At the time I was just 28. They said it was caused by my pregnancies and 4 in the short time period was just a lot on my body. And my pregnancies kept the pressure off my gallbladder but after I had my son things changed. Just stay persistent because I think that if they would have did the proper test in the beginning they might have caught it. But when the pain is really really bad that you can't move than it might be your gallbladder. My pain seemed worse after I exercised.

True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes I agree with Mebornj, the pain is much worse than labor pains. My son was just a few months when I had problems and I remember telling my husband this is worst than pushing a 7 pound baby out of me.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had three babies close together. They are now 2, almost 3 and almost 5. My pain is bearable. But seems worst each time. I guess we will see. Just curious of others experience. I hear people say about chest pain and breathing. I occasionally get sharp pain in chest and back, but pushed it off as anxiety.
    MommyPeck3

Comment by MommyPeck3 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• The gall bladder attacks will get worse with time. I passed out from the pain of mine and threw up and went in and had it removed. Please try not to wait till it becomes that painful to go in or get a second opinion.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 7:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I've had my gallbladder out. Personally my only symptoms were extreme pain attacks starting from right under my breast and covering sometimes my entire stomach. I'd go to your regular doc ASAP and have them do an ultrasound and check for stones. Everyone else is right. It will only get worse.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Thanks all... I may be calling actual doctor tomorrow. I feel okay right now other than right side hurting (though that could be that time of month, hard to say). I must get to bed, I have stayed up way to late crocheting a hat for my oldest DD.
    MommyPeck3

Comment by MommyPeck3 (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2011