Im so annoyed of hearing this ... advice please. i need help

OK i am currently 19 years old graduated high school good grades mannaged a 4.0 my senior year worked full time since i was in highschool pay my own bills since ive had a job and then i went to college o study criminal justice. Welll i was working full time and going to school then decided to join the Marines my family thought i was crazy then i met an amazing man who just so happened was a marine and we got married when i was 18 and i moved to cali with him.

I always get told by all of my friends Alicia you grew up to fast you threw your life away your married settled down at 19 oh i also have a baby girl on the way in july!!! I am just sick of people telling me i threw my life away and that i was to young to settle down.

I think im very mature and well i chose everything to get married and to start a family.

How do i like tell my friends and family to get off my case and make them understand i am very happy.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 7:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmmm no one has told me that, everyone has said that we are lucky that we started out together so early. That is the way that I would look at it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Tell them exactly what you just said. I've learned from experience though that when people say stuff like that and a guy is involved, they don't like the guy and he's bad for you. Really think about that one.
    Anonymous

• " I understand and appreciate your concerns. I know that this all comes from love. But, I am a grown-up, and I am happy with the choices that I have made. I would appreciate it if you could also be happy for me, and be part of this wonderful journey with me." ...If they cannot do that, than I might suggest finding new friends, and setting up some space between you and those family members.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Honey, once you're happy and you feel in your heart it was right for you, then no one else matters. You have a new family to look forward to, so stop being mad about everyone else and enjoy it!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think you are doing great. Generally, people who talk to others like this are unhappy with their own lives.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• if this is what you wanted and wasn't unplanned at all then you didn't waste your life it's what you wanted and if other can't see that well that's them you should have to feel like you have to explain where you are at in life... as long as your happy.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Don't let others spoil your happiness, you are the only one that needs to know where you are at, let them speculate because in the end you are the one who knows you are happy, not them.

Answer by older at 7:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's really sad that they consider getting married and having kids "Throwing your life away". Your life doesn't end, regardless of your age, when you get married and have kids. Infact that's when most of the fun can begin. You sound like someone who took the "adult" route as a choice before you even needed to. I see it as something that's expected for your next adventure to be motherhood and being a wife. From what I've read I see that you're just following a life of responsibility that you had been living all a long.

I only see you "Throwing your life away" if you decided to drop out of school, live off of other people, drop out of college, get into an addicting substance, or something of that nature .. When you're living a life of neglect, irrisponsibility, and immaturity is when you're throwing your life away. Not when you choose a life that you've chosen. I see it as you've done great for yourself!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• They seem just jelous. i mean people use to tell me stuff all the time. They just dont want to grow up btw congrats on the baby. Im due in August but dont know what im having yet.
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Bree_vee25 - CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011