Help! I'm being scammed!!! Credit Card question.

So I've never had this happen before, but I think I might be getting scammed. I do hair. I have my own terminal for credit. Anyway, this girl came in, I did her hair exactly like the pic, if not better. She also mentioned how she only goes to the lowest priced places, and she wanted extra lowlights but didn't want to pay for them. She was excited, hugged me and wanted my card, left me a huge tip. So she sends me a nasty text message the other day. Bitching saying her hair is orange(no way in hell). She said some lowlights would fix it(how convenient!). I told her she needed to pay for it. So she said she wasn't happy and wanted her money back. The stylists at my salon saw this, and all indeed felt she was just trying to get her hair done for free. They agreed the hair was fine. So my question is, I didn't batch out my credit cards. I can't until tomorrow. How hard is it for her to stop payment on a card? And what do I do if she does. To me, she's stealing. I need that money for my family to get through the week. What can I do?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• run the batch - if she stops payment - take her to small claims court.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 7:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• as she said above and get some protection, you dont know how crazy she can get.

Also if she does stop payment, dont bother with small claims, it may cost your more than what she paid you. Have your lawyer write a letter of demand. Most times this will get people moving!!!

I do it whenever I need it. you can get a plan at http://www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/weekly56 $17 a month os not bad for protecting your biz huh?

Regualr insurance does not cover legal fees, but this does!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• that prepaidlegal crap is a bigger scam. Protect yourself from that nonsense. They closed them all down in our town which is probably why they are trying to scam you online. As for the girl, maybe you can contact the credit card company if she stops the payment. and contest it.
    Anonymous

• Credit cards usually come with a "if you don't like it we'll get your money back" okay those aren't the exact terms- but what I'm trying to say is that if she fights this through the credit card company (which it sounds like she might) then your company will be fighting a credit card company directly. And chances are they will win.

Part of allowing credit cards to be used in your store is agreeing to this. I'm sure it sucks, but that's life. I personally don't think it's going to be worth it to take her to small claims court or to fight her over this though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Already checked with my company. It would cost her $40 to stop payment, and she'd have to fill out a form with evidence attached. It's not that simple. The transaction will clear before it could even be done, which would take her even longer.
    I also let her know if she chooses to do so, a police report will be filed.

I have my contract for MY personal credit card terminal and nowhere does it say anything of what you are saying.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Anony 901 you have no idea what your talking about...Prepaid Legal is far from a scam, do your Homework ...There are no "places" in your town so you must be confusing them with someone else, someone trying to be them..THere is ONLY ONE location for their corporate existence and its in Ada OK and they have been around since 1972.
    They are one of the VERY TOP traders on the New York Stock Exchange, and listed with FORBES as on of the TOP 100 businesses in the whole nation.
    Maybe that is why you're Anony! Anyway, they offer Legal Protection and Identity Theft Protection with the #1 IDT company in the WORLD. And have the top public credentials of any business out there.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It's ok guys. They didn't allow her to do it. Money is already taken out and it's done. :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011