How do i get rid of annoying gnats out of my house? They make my house feel dirty!

Tired of the gnats in my house!

webbster6

Asked by webbster6 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Take a shallow plate (that you won't use again), fill it with a mix of dish soap and water, place it under a night light at night. The gnats will be attracted to the smell and the light but die in the water. This works for fleas too. Good luck!!
    Morning_Dove

Answer by Morning_Dove at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Are you talking about the type of gnats you get with banana's?  If so get a FOAMING drain cleaner and use it in ALL your drains on the same day.  That is where they live and breed.  They only live about 3 days but get worse if left untreated.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• eww I have those nats. They are like the banana nat, but they are in the room right now where I'm on the computer. I have the lights off and they are on the screen. Where the hell did those come from?
    Anonymous

• make a trap - put 1/2" of apple cider vinegar in the bottom of a tall, straight-sided vase. Put a funnel in the top and tape the sides of the funnel to the sides of the glass to seal the space.

The gnats/fruit flies will go down the funnel to get to the ACV. When you've caught a bunch, open it up outside
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I just put out a small bowl of vinegar on my kitchen cabinet, they are attracted to it, fly in and die. Works every time!
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2008