early labor or just practice?!

im 38 almost 39 weeks pregnant with baby #4. i have never started labor on my own before and been cramping with a low back ache for the past few hrs. ive had contractions for a couple weeks now but it hasnt turned into labor. im 3-4 cm dialated and 75% thinned out at my last check.

does this sound like early labor? is there anything i can do to progress it to labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can go to a natural herb store and get black cohosh. the pill form will take 3 days tops to work. the elixir should at most take 24 hrs. I was 3 cm dialated with my last one for over a week and took it and one the third day went into full labor. hope this helps. the only other thing that is really good to do is walk.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 7:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• it sounds like early labor to me. you can never go wrong by going to your birthing center to make sure. the worst that can happen is they send you home. if you want to wait it out, you can. if it's the real thing, your labor will progress and you won't have any doubts!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 7:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• and btw the low back ache sounds like back labor. if you are unsure do like what rabella said and head on in to get checked :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 8:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• thanks ladies. i just went to the restroom and there was a good amount of pink watery discharge. im confused because im pretty sure i lost my mucus plug last week...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Uh, go in.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• sometimes your water wont break but leak slowly. my second was so far head down i would leak a very small amount of fluid every 20 mins. I would def go ahead and grab your bag and head in, sounds like you are ready to have a baby! :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011