Best breast pump

Hey moms...
What is the best brest pump to use? A pump that has really good suction?

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have tried 6 different pumps, and NONE of them have been able to work for me. I can't use them. I've talked to the doctor and the lactation consultant and they both told me that some women's bodies simply don't respond to pumps. So whatever you pick it's still not a 100% that it will work for you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Medela Swing.
    It is a single pump and works great.. It is so small you can literally clamp it to your pants and walk around with it. It works really well. It has the option to be ran off of AA batterries so if you are on the go, need to pump at work, or in your car like I did.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had the Medela Pump in Style. It is an electric pump and it was fabulous. I tried to hand pump and use a manual pump but none of them worked like the Pump in Style. It is a little pricey, but it's worth it.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you can rent a hospital grade - Medella Symphony, if not, I've heard a Pump-in-style is similar. Try to find a lactation counselor or La Leche League person near you for support.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Any Medela Hospital grade. I've only use.d one, but others I know have tried other models of Medela with good results
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I like my Medela PISA, any Medela is pretty good from what I can tell. The deciding factor is how often you will be pumping. Every day: double electric, Medela or Ameda would be best. Occasional for a night out, etc: a single electric or manual would do just fine. Avoid brands like Evenflo, Playtex, etc- they may be less pricey, but they also wear out sooner.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011