Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do i do my ex doesnt spend anytime with his kids or support them?

Last time he had my son he called me an told me to come get him cause the cops were after him.he dont work and he goes from place to place to live.

Answer Question

Asked by his1gurl at 12:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Go to court and get the custody revoked. It's the only way.

    Answer by pupmom at 12:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • I wouldn't want him spending time with my kids if he's in trouble anyway. That's a very bad example for them to be seeing. As far as support, hey some of us just don't get it. I never have and I have supported my daughter alone. It's soooo much better not dealing with an ex's crap and my daughter is very well-adjusted. You stay strong and your kids will be strong, too. No matter what your jackass husband is doing.

    Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • I second Mammamia, if he is like that your kids are better off without him. Atleast until he gets his crap together, all the way. I get child support periodically from my boys' dad and I do fine without too. When we do get it we usually do something special like going out for pizza. Good luck

    Answer by perksmom at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • I wouldn't want him to spend time alone with my son. It sounds like you need to be there with him during visitation. He obviously doesn't SEE the situation clearly and he's endangering the child by running from the police. Trouble is trouble and you don't want your son envolved. That's not a healthy situation for your child's visits. As far as support., you can go to the State for assistance.

    Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
dead beat dads

Next question overall (Pregnancy)