Should i be worried like i already am?

Do you think i'm worrying over nothing?

My son is almost three years old and he has changed in a huge way in just the past month. He fights me when it comes to diaper changes and he screams no mommy no mommy ouch my husband has told me that he has the same problem now. I'm getting more tantrums but these tantrums are worse than before. They to the point where he is hurting himself by throwing himself backwards on our hardwood floors. He has nightmares just about every night which isn't like him and now he has to sleep in my room at all times. He won't go in his room. He has to nap either in my room or on the couch and he has to go to bed in my room. If i try to put him in his room he screams and pulls at his hard and hurts himself. I'm concerned that someone might have done something to my child. I have a feeling who it is and they are no longer allowed near my child. My soon loved this person and now my son acts scared of him and will say his name and say bad and no mommy. I cut all contact off with this person and my son after this person was making comments and jokes about son's penis and other things. I'm thinking about calling the doctor and setting up an appointment but i don't know if that will help or not. What do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would call the police.  What does "cutting that person off" actually do?  Leaves them free to go harm the next child.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You need to have him examined. I work with abuse children and the things you indicated sound eerily familiar. DON'T WAIT!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It wouldn't hurt to have a doctor visit.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Take him to the doctor, a child psychologist, the police. These are signs of sexual abuse, you should be very concerned and get to the bottom of this IMMEDIATELY. i am so sorry, this will not be easy, on anyone...but he needs some help.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Don't be blind, look what ur son is trying to tell u, he has been traumatized by someone! It is ur DUTY as his mother to call the police if u know who this person is! It is a good idea to take ur son to the doctor's so they can check ur son out and help him through this HORRIBLE situation! U OWE this to ur son and any other children this person could hurt!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 8:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• that what i was scared about i was scared that my son was molested. I will be calling the doctor first thing in the morning tomorrow
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Take him to a doctor. After that, take him to a child psychologist who specializes in these kinds of cases. I would be very, very worried.
    vicki77433

Answer by vicki77433 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Take him to the doctor NOW!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had to come back and say this. You be strong for your baby mama. Big hugs through the computer!
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• take your baby to the dr
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 8:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011