Why is my 4 y/o son wanting to "show" himself to others? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Because it creates a re action he enjoys, totally normal but you got to tell him that is a no no, because it is personal and private.

Answer by older at 8:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think it's normal at that age. You simply need to explain to him that it's not proper for others to see that and that he should keep it to himself.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's not uncommon around the age of 4, my son was kinda being weird like that and we had to have several privacy talks, and explain to him about manners, and now his privates were to remain private, etc. Freud was kind of a fruit loop but he got the part about 4yrs old being obsessed with their genitalia right. Just a normal part of development and a good opportunity for mom and dad to teach. Good luck ;)
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• its normal .. but you got to tell him its for personal time
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2011