I want to have a baby

I am about to get married to the most wonderful man ever. I have a 4 year old from a previous relationship and my fiance' treats her like she is his own. He is a wonderful daddy to her. I want to start trying for a baby once we get married, he said he wants to wait a while. It's just so hard cause I love him so much and I want to have his baby. Should I just try to wait it out or should I talk to him about how much I want this? I guess on one hand it would be better till we both feel it's time but one the other, I don't know how much more I can wait, I am crying writting this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I say if your really ready then have a serious talk with him and tell him that you want to have another baby NOW!  LOL, tell him to quit being stingy with his fellas and donate some!  ;)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• do you know his point of view? It's likely he wants to enjoy quality time alone with you as a couple..... and also your 4yr old let her mature a little and feel safe, loved, bonded, and not like she's going to be replaced. it's not a rush or a race!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• you should talk about it, but I wouldnt want my kids really spaced apart. I did it with my first two wish they were closer together 8 year difference the last two are a year apart
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 8:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It would be wise to wait, what is the hurry? you both have to want this and throwing this mix in a new marriage can be too much for some.

Answer by older at 8:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• He doesn't really give a reason for it. He has been around since my dd was 1 year old and we have been living together for about 6 months AND she keeps saying she wants a baby brother or sister (several of her friends moms have just had babies, I think that is why) so I don't think she would be a problem about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i agree with older, you should wait it out. you shouldn't push him into something that he may not be ready for along with the stress of being newlyweds
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know it is prob stupid but I feel like I am good enough to have sex with just not have a baby with.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I can see why you would think that.  Does he work and you stay at home?  I've noticed that my hub thinks about things more a long the lines of money while I think more a long the lines of emotional. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do stay at home but I get a lot for child support (it is the only thing my dd bio father does for her) and he makes a good amount too, there is no reason why we couldn't easily afford another one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Enjoy your newlywed time! The newborn phase is so tough, he didn't experience it with your dd and to add that stress so soon to a knew marriage is crazy! Doable but if it can be avoided I'd at least give yourself a year before TTC. Enjoy your non pregnant non newborn phase now. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! How exciting!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011