I was trying to scold my 14 yr old son and...

I just started laughing. I can't look down at him anymore, he's slightly taller than me! I laughed and told him he had to sit on a chair when I wanted to scold him next time. Where did the time go?!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 8:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• oooooh do I dread that. LOL!!!! Sounds like you handled it as best you could.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm right there with you, except mine are 11 and 13. Man, I'm short.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had a visual of this, how funny, yes they grow way too fast.

Answer by older at 8:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have a 14 year old daughter, but she is tiny and the doctor said she won't get to be my height. However, my 12 year old son will likely top me in the next couple of years. I'm glad you had a sense of humor about it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• LMAO!! I hear ya on that one...I am 5'9" and my 13 yr old son is 6ft..and weighs 185..he is taller than both of his older brothers who are 15 and 14...but I don't let that bother me..if he needs a good scolding..he's gonna get it..idc if he is 7 ft tall.. I don't know where the time went either...
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I can already see this happening with us, lol. My son is only 4 but I can tell he is going to be a lot taller then me and I will have this same issue. I already have problems trying to scold him now! He makes the craziest faces so I end up laughing instead of being angry or upset, lol.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have 3, age 18, 21 & 28. When they got taller than me...and I'm only 5'2" I started making them stand below me on the stairs. When I was "lecturing" them.

I have on occasion had that feeling of being the chihuahua barking at a big dog, and totally unaware that you're a little dog and they're a big dog.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my 14 yr old in not taller than me *yet but he's getting there!
    too funny
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know! My 15 year old towers over me now!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My 14 year old son has is also taller than me. It doesn't bother me. My younger brother was always taller than me and I got lots of practice from growing up with him not to let his height intimidate me. But you're correct, time is going by fast.
    jwpmom

Answer by jwpmom at 9:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011