is it good having a date night with your DH once a week??

we talk about it and agreed every thursday its going be to be our day but know it seems
like the rest of the week he tries to avoid me i kind of mention something to him and he said "dont worried we'll do it this thursday" it just seems weird because yes we have a date night but i also want to talk to him or do little things together during the week but it seems like to him he rather avoid me the whole week and wait to thursday to actually know that i exist the only thing he loves to do with me every day is sex lol we have a 10 month daughter and been married 3 years what do you guys thing

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• It is good having a date night every week - but not if that's the only time you do the "small" things together as well. Talk to him about it. Tell him that you need attention more than just on Thursday. I'm sorry it's not quite working out like it should.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• we could never do a weekly date.... but we do make quality time often. we're big into scrabble right now. we rent tons of netflix, too. and perhaps 1x a month we're lucky enough to sneak away for a movie and dinner. we really enjoy any/all alone time
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We try to do date night once a month, lol. Once a week would be awesome, our schedules just don't leave enough time for that! But it isn't gonna help if he ignores you the rest of the week!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would talk to him. You need attention from him everyday and if that upsets him too freakin bad, he's married it kind of goes hand in hand. Try and schedule in house date nights, or surprise him in the shower or even just sit next to him and (silently) watch one of his tv shows or movies.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We have always had a weekly date night....even all of the years that we didn't have childcare at home. We would rent a movie, and have a special dinner alone after the kids were in bed, or even drink wine and listen to music, have a fire and talk. In the summer we might have a late night picnic in the backyard......

Our date nights are very important to us, and now that the kids are grown we actually get to go out, but sometimes we just cook dinner together and curl up on the sofa and watch a movie together even now.

"We" are a priority though every day. My husband will come into the kitchen and put his arms around me, or sit and talk while I cook dinner. Sometimes we go to the bedroom and lock the door....just to talk, believe it or not.

We've also done the same with family time. We have a weekly family night with our kids, but we have dinner together almost every night.

It works for us, we've been married 22 years.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011