what would you do???

I just moved to my new place a month ago and got on insurance. To get on the insurance you have to take a pregnancy test. So i did all of this on Friday of last week, and had my first doctors appointment today. The first thing he says to me is that Did you know you were pregnant?? OF course I know i am pregnant i have known since thanksgiving. Then he doesn't even take my history or even read it. Nor does he take my freaking blood pressure. Then he acts as if i am not really pregnant even though the test comes back positive and then i had to tell him that i have already had an ultra sound at 9 weeks and 4 days . Then he acts like he cant find the heart beat and sure enough after five mins of looking he finds, and then says well your defiantly pregnant. What really pisses me off is that he didnt even read my health issues, i have CP and Seizures and Depression, not to mention Brain Damage which showed up on to MRI's in 2009. So i also told him that i was suppose to be taking ant depressants and Synthroid for my thyroid. He doesn't prescribe any thing. He doesn't even ask me about the blood clot that i mentioned or any reasons why i have had three preemies. All of them came early for three different reasons. Wouldn't a doctor want to know that?? So what would you do would you switch doctors???
Oh and i am not looking for any one to bash me for my choice to have a family. So if your going to bash please don't leave a comment i don't need it right now.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 8:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Because it IS violating.  He makes me sick.  You should go to that one website that's getting popular.  You can talk about your experience with him and name his name  so that other people can avoid him!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Get a new doc, if he doesn't own the practice file a complaint with his boss, if he does file a complaint with the local board.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• He sounds like a dud!  Definitely in agreement with you babe, get a different Dr.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ummmmmm YES! Switch doctors ASAP! I would never go back to him again. That is standard to check all your vitals when you go in. No question about it.

Best of luck in your pregnancy!! ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• just wondering what type of insurance you got on, is it state issued insurance? because i know a lot of people who had that for their pregnancies and they had really rude doctors who ignored everything. if not, i would switch ASAP,or go talk to your OB (and if that was your OB i would REALLLLY switch ASAP lol)

he should never ignore a blood clot even if you werent pregnant!!!! but especially since you are!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• doesnt he just make your skin crawl he did mine, i already knew i was pregnant he didnt even say congrats or any thing.
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• and ask your history of meds and any diseases or illness!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yeah, find a new doctor and quickly. I am so sorry he made you endure such a ridiculous appointment. Good Luck!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I seriously cringed and made the "uhhh" sound, lol.  He just sounds like the Dr of nightmares, ya know.  The one we all worry about getting stuck with, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I also didnt need another pap done and he did it any way with out asking, i felt so violated.
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011