Need suggestions

So, I have made the crib sheet, the blanket, the changing table pad cover, and curtains for the front of the changing table, all out of the same material. We're also going to be using a cradle, and I have started to make the sheet for that out of the same material. I have a yard or so left, and I'm trying to decide what to make with it. Suggestions of typical baby things that are useful, or handy to have would be greatly appreciated.

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Decorative pillows?
    ellagrace

Answer by ellagrace at 8:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• A diaper hangy thingy. I can't remember what they are called, but you hang it from the ceiling and put diapers in it. Or you could always make a cover for a clothes hamper.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We don't use a clothes hamper, and my great aunt bought me a diaper stacker with a matching theme to the material I'm using.. it was next on my list of things to make, but she beat me to it...haha.

Any other ideas?
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• A rag doll.... Stuffing in the head but the bottom part is just left to hang. Maybe a rattle or hat or bow.
    Pink_caffiene

Answer by Pink_caffiene at 8:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you have ribbon you could make a taggie blanket. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• or make a wall decoration out of the material!!
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 10:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Maybe a valance for the window, pillow for the rocker, cover a journal and write info about the baby that you may need later.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would make a diaper holder, hang it at the end of the changing table. I always hated seeing the package of diapers laying around.
    FrozenFox

Answer by FrozenFox at 7:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Taggie blankets give the baby different textures to explore (with different textured ribbons for the tags). You could make stuffed building blocks. You could cover some wooden letters that spell the baby's name and hang those on the wall. You could make some receiving blankets with that fabric on one side and a complimentary color of minky fabric on the other. You could cover a wicker basket or a plastic bin with the fabric and use it to store the baby's toys when not in use. You could cover a scrapbook with the fabric and then write letters to the baby for the first year. You could make a dust ruffle for the crib or bumper pads for the crib. You could make a mobile that hands over the crib using that fabric. You could take a cork board and cover the cork part with the fabric. Paint the edge a lovely matching color and use the cork board to put up cute pictures of baby and family members. Hope this helps!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011