mirena adult content

i have had my mirena for 2.5 years now and i haven't had any real problems with it. since i've had it i haven't had a period which is fine by me. all though lately i do get all the symptoms of pms. anyways when hubby and i had sex the other night we had to stop because i start bleeding. bleeding like a period there were blood clots and everything. i've never bled like that before i've spotted a bit after sex but thats it. has anyone ever had this experience?

tanper29

Asked by tanper29 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• Hi. I'm in the UK, I had the coil, I'm guessing that's the Mirena. I had the same problem. It was horrid. It kept happening, I had pains and bleeding, and as you said blood clots. It got worse over about a month. Then the pain stopped. Concerned, I checked to see if I could feel the 'string'. It wasn't there. Due to the heavy, random bleeding it was expelled. But please don't worry, it's very rare for this to happen. And I'm sure you check it, as I did. :o) You could go to your doctors, and ask for a different method, or just take painkillers and ride it out when it happens. Good luck.
    LaraHappyMummy

Answer by LaraHappyMummy at 6:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011