random question about what heat setting you leave it on with the little ones in the house?

My girlfriend and I are debating about what temps we put the thermostat on. We live in ny, so it is winter and pretty cold out. My dr told me to keep it at 70 because of my 19 month old but the heat bill is literally out of control... gas heat. So, my girlfriend told me that she drops it to 60 at night. that seems so low! please share your thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wish i could help more. i live in miami and i leave it at 73 (these days it's only been dropping to somewhere in the upper 60s)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 8:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We set our at 60 round the clock but have electric heaters we set up in the rooms we are in. Much easier on the bills.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• omgoodness. if i dropped it to 60*, my dh would divorce me. its not about the LO, it about his comfort!! lol!! he can't complains when its set at 68*!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• 65 would be good. 60 is COLD!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my bf sets ours between 65 & 68 but i always crank it to 72.. i hate the cold. but it depends on ur house, it may require a higher setting to stay warm. u may want to invest in an electric heater, you can plug in in the babys room.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 9:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ours is 60 night and day. In bed cuddled up it is perfect.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• ours is between 65-68, I'd leave if it stayed at 60, way too cold! Just dress your son in warm pj's with a blanket and he'll be fine, we live in northern ohio, its super cold here too.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Our heat is always on 75! My DH hates to be cold and that's where he likes it. But I think between 70-75 is warm enough for a baby.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011