UGh My 4 year old stuck somthing up is nose

I can not get it out tried blowing it out and I don't want to stick anything up there to try and retrive it should I take him to the ER or can I wait until Mon and take him to the ped ?
Any suggestions on how to get it out?

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 12:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• u need to take him to the er just in case!! what did he stick up there?
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Take him to the ER... They see this 1,000 times a day. Trust me.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son got a bead up his nose when I was out of town, my sister tried everything including a sucky hose from the vacuum lol. She eventually had to take him to the ER and it blead pretty good when they removed it. I think it has the potential to do some harm if you leave it until Monday. So I would take him in.
    But first I would plug the other side of his nose and have him close his mouth and blow as hard as he can. Try this several times it might take a little bit but good luck lol
    Kids do the darndist things lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• ..Take him the E.R you dont want infection to set in..or ...getting farther up into his nose while he is sleeping and hurting him ,

They see it all the time...no need to worry...
    whacha think he put up there??
    well...just let us know...;o)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think the majority of kids do something like this at least once! My son put tic-tacs in his ears for no reason at all just before we were supposed to go to a party. We did take him to the ER....which he hated because they had to wrap him up to keep his hands down. The ER is used to it....I hope you don't live in a big city, though.....(too much waiting)
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I agree with the others if it can't be blown out you need to go to the ER. My son stuck a skittle up his nose not just once but twice!! I swear the little buggers never learn- my daughter stuck a crayon up her nose and the tip broke off. They all do it.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My daughter stuck a button up her nose but the way it was in I was able to pull it out with a tweezer. Depending on what it is, how far up it is, you should go to the E.R.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The other day my 2 year old stuck an unpopped popcorn kernal up his nose. I was at work, but hubby was home with him. He laid him down and said you're not moving until I get that out, I am not taking you to the ER for this. He tried having him blow it out, but he's only 2 and can't really do that yet. He tried tweezers, but it was too round and slippery. Finally he took one of those plastic toothpicks, and curved the end of it so he could scoop it out. I hope your little one is ok!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2008