Emotional state during pregnancy

Everyone reacts diffrently to being pregnant and it is a time full of hormones. Out of all the different moods that us women during this time. I have been confornted with this situation with a friend who cries over the littlest things. I have not experienced this myself and was not sure how to handle all these different situations with her because we cannot say anything without her feeling attached.

She will start crying at the drop of a pen and seems to be interrepting every situation into some negative event towards her. She is currently in her last trimester. We are not sure what to do becuase we are all walking on eggshells around her. Does anyone have any insight into a similiar situation?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Whatever you do.. don't devalidate her feelings.. try to comfort her and be there for her. Do not dismiss her emotions and say she is over reacting..
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 9:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• being pregnant in the last trimester is very hard, so take every situation delicately and with patience.............if you are a true friend to her, try to understand. listen to her, no matter how trivial you may think it is.............because that is what true friendship is about............pregnancy is very stressing, causing some women to cry alot, i know i'm like that.
    mghtymffn

Answer by mghtymffn at 9:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• girl, I know I'm emotional!! My poor husband winds up getting soggy shirtsleeves more often than either of us would like I'm sure.. Some of the smallest things have set me off for no reason, but I know it's just crazy hormones and don't let it get to me other than letting the waterworks come. She's probably feeling sensitive and anxious. The next time she gets upset just tell her you're not out to get her and that you love her. Ask her if there's anything she's feeling anxious about specifically that she can get off her chest, she might just need to unload some issues and hasn't felt comfortable enough to come to anyone yet.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• lol you know what, she's pregnant, not on suicide watch. being in the third trimester is horrible but she's being crazy from the hormones. she'll get over it and if it's really affecting your interactions that much then just tell her
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 11:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• just be their for her trust me she cant controle it and it sucks
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 9:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2011