Four Yr. old started acting out

My DD is starting to hit or scratch when she we change activities or discipline. We have been using a constistant timeout for these behaviors with her. I was wondering if it is a stage that children cycle through or if she having trouble coping with her anger?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it is more then likely a stage that she is going through. The thing is you have to be consistant and don't let her get away with things. At this age kids will test you to see if you give in. Once you give in they will keep doing whatever behavior got you to give in. If time outs don't seem to be working you could look into doing something else. For my kids we set up jars and had colored marbles. When they did something good they got a marble, if they misbehaved then we took one away. I do know with my middle child he would bite and he never understood that he was hurting people so one day I told him "my teeth are bigger then yours and if you bite again I am going to bite you back." The next time he bite his brother I bit him back, not very hard, just enough to show him hit hurt, he never did it again.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• could be both
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2011