I do have a question...

And im also new to your group... But my first question is it considered adultery to cheat on your girlfriend or boyfriend? And if you have ever comitted adultery does God forgive for your sin as long as you dont go back and keep doing it? Someone told me it was adultery to cheat on your bf and gf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My understanding was that after honest remorse and repentance of the sins committed, one can be forgiven. That is why God sent his only Son to die on the cross for us and our sins.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Having sex outside of marriage is Adultery. If you are a Child of God meaning you trust in the Lord and excepted Jesus Christ as your savior, You can repent meaning ask God for forgivness and turn away from your sin meaning don't do it again then yes He will forgive you.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think that having sex outside of a marriage is adultery but I think it is a sin to have sex without the sacred bond of marriage, maybe that falls under adultery too. I'm not sure.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 9:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• In my opinion adultry is when you have an intamite relationship with someone when you are committed to someone else. Being committed does not just mean engaged or married....for me it is any relationship that you are in such as having a boyfriend or girlfriend. I am guessing that you are Christian or something along that line so sex before marrage is a sin as well as adultry....and so is being gay (although more are leanient with that now) and i only mention that because you mentioned girlfriend on a womans website. But I was always told that God is forgiving and if you seek forgivness then it shal be granted.....then again....if you keep doing it then God might just say Fu** it.
    Anonymous

• ok having sex out side of marriage is considered fornication as long as neither are married. It is only adultery if either or both parties are married to someone else.
    Because a boyfriend/girlfriend are not married to each other I do not see how it is adultery but I see that its fornication. Basically the bottom line its sexual immorality.
    All this are forgivable. You only have to ask the Lord for forgiveness. If you cheat then ask the other for forgiveness as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I agree with shaneagle777
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• perfectly acceptable behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i guess it depends if u have a sexual r/ship or not
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, but it's also a sin to have sex before marriage, so if you're having a sexual relationship that's sinful as well, so since all sins are created equal in the eyes of God, take your pick. lol. good luck.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Because it is much better to be forgiven than be a responsible human being in the first place.

I love it when people try to rationalize their bad behavior and say "its ok because I'm forgiven by God". Guess what- you're stick a jerk for doing it.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011