my 2 1/2 month old is very congested with the common cold and cough some people are saying to give her pedialyte with her formula cause the formula could be making her more congested what should i do

concernedmom330

Asked by concernedmom330 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They told u correct. U can also giv her saline nose drops
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 9:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• pepermint boil it in water it will make her not so congested..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Saline nose drops work wonders for clearing that mucus in the back of the throat. Just lay her down and put the saline in her nose, put more than you think you should is how my dr instructed me, then suction out, it's good if some goes to the back of their throat because it'll clear that thick congestion back there. Really helped my little one when he was 2 months old and got pneumonia.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Pedialyte is for dehydration. I would not recommend giving it for any other reason. Try sitting with her in a steamy bathroom, elevate the head of her crib when she sleeps, and if this persists, see the doctor.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• saline nose drops will work wonders. do not give a baby pedialyte for congestion. its for dehydration and to prevent dehydration when baby has the runs.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• The instructions on pedialyte specifically say not to use with other drinks. It is specificlly formulated to be a perfect balance of hydration. If your LO is not dehydrated, and drinking formula, than skip the pedialyte.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Running a humidifier works too, and putting vicks on her the bottoms of her feet and then socks over that is helpful too
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm not sure how to respond directly to another person's comments but hopefully i get an answer to this: In response to the peppermint water; are u supposed to feed this to the baby?
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011