How was your first day home with your baby?

I like to hear stories about bringing your baby home.. the drama, the joy, and all that good stuff..

Steffany072

Asked by Steffany072 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It was amazing! =) I came home with my husband and new son and there were my wonderful in-laws with 50 balloons in my living room. They went there filled my frontroom with balloons and filled our cabinets and fridge with food so we didnt have to go anywhere for a week we could just enjoyed the baby! I loved it!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 9:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I was completely overwhelmed, with both kids,,lol. I remember standing there with my breasts completely engorged, I had tried to put a diaper on my son 3 times and he kept peeing on me and the diaper and the bed. I stood at the bedroom door holding my son at arms length, crying and asking dh to please help. He thought I had lost it! haha, those where the days!

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yep, all of those things. I was overwhelmed with emotions. It lasted for a couple of weeks.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It was amazing :) Felt great to be home instead of still being in the hospital. And it was wonderful to lay in bed holding each of my new kids and bonding :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• One of my dogs wanted to eat the baby. She was really anxious for the first couple of days. I was getting a bit stressed that we were going to have to find her a new home, but luckily she settled down. Other than that, it was nice. My MIL had flown out and arrived shortly before we were discharged from the hospital. When we got home she and my husband went to the grocery store and then she started doing housework and giving me pointers in breastfeeding. I love my MIL, so it was all good. I pretty much just sat around holding my daughter. And keeping the dog away from her. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Both times it was overwhelming. When I brought my son (the oldest home), my mom was with us. She got us lunch and told me & DH to go lay down and take a nap. I was still trying to figure out breastfeeding, pumping, and all that so my mom said she'd give him a bottle if he woke up. I think we all slept for like 5 hours. Then my dad & husband (God bless them) went to BRU to buy me a pump while I tried to figure out BFing. I think my parents finally left around 1 am. When my daughter was born I was more emotionally overwhelmed. My son was staying with my MIL so it was just me, DH & DD. I would start crying for no reason, yet I was happy. We were tired, and I was sore b/c of the c-section. Other than that, coming home with my DD was one of the best feelings in the world.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• With both of my kids, it was very different.

With my daugher ( first born ) it was amazing, and that was probably one of the happiest times of my life. My whole family was around and helping me out and I didnt have to lift a finger ( I just got to sit around and spend time with my new baby) , you could just feel the happiness surrounding us. My hospital stay was even great, i dont remember any real pain, I had alot of visitors and alot of gifts and flowers and when i came home my mom and aunt have cleaned the whole house and had food for the next several days waiting in the freezer.

With my son, it was very different, my mom and my husband ( and daughter) were the only ones who came to see me, I got no gifts and I was so miserable and sick - not to mention i couldnt breathe and they still sent me home. That night was horrible I couldnt eat, couldnt sleep and the next morning was takin back to the hospital and found
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• out I had severe pnemonia and had to stay in the PCU for a week.... without seeing my new baby ... It was just horrible the whole time...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i was soooooo tired i could barely keep up with her feedings. i couldn't barely move.
    92210love

Answer by 92210love at 2:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• With my last (born last July) it was just exhausting. I had a c-section and my meds weren't really helping with the pain so I was sore and irritable. We got home really late and just watched TV until I fell asleep. But the next day was our annual block party so there was music blasting outside and the kids running in and out all day long. We were also in the middle of that heat wave so it was 90 million degrees outside. I just wanted to sleep but there was so much noise outside, lol. We eventually did go sit on the porch once it got dark and cooled off and watched people dancing in the street and talked to a few of our neighbors that stopped by to see the baby.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011