If you feel that abortion is a womans choice...do you also think that smoking while pregnant is abuse?

Curious as to how many women find smoking while pregnant abuse, but ripping an unborn baby out of the womb A-okay.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think both are not good because you are harming the baby both ways.
    I think if a woman was not pregnant and she wanted to smoke that is her choice.
    If she wanted to kill herself that is her choice.
    That is her life but the baby inside her is a life all its own and she should do her best to take care of that life growing inside her.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I don't agree with smoking while your expecting and I don't agree with abortion either. But there are others who beg to differ.
    Steffany072

Answer by Steffany072 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No, I think it should be the baby's choice.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• They are two totally and completely different issues.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Well, as irresponsible as smoking while pregnant is, I wouldn't consider it abuse. I don't agree with it, and I think it's selfish, but I wouldn't go as far as screaming child abuse.

I don't however agree with abortion either.

I think if you are going to have a child, risking the childs health in ANY way is morally wrong.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• What other people do is their business... but I think the reason people feel that way is that one one hand you are talking about a child that will never make it and comparing to the other hand about a child they plan on keeping...

Personally I think smoking, doing drugs, or drinking booze is abuse to an aborn child... Than again I wanted to give my children every chance I could!!! Right down to adding in Omega vitamins...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think both are not good because you are harming the baby both ways

One is not the healthiest choice and one kills the baby. Completely different...
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i don't believe in either

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

It's not about the baby will never make it. The baby WONT make it because the Mom kills it. I just don't get how anyone could be alright with KILLING their baby and then scream abuse to a pregnant woman. Smoking is a small risk...abortion is DEFINATE death for the baby.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Abortion, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc....are all choices. I can agree with a woman's right to choose while not agreeing with her choice.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011