Told him I loved him.....(kinda long)

Told my bf that I loved him this weeked, he didn't say it back and I was not expecting him too, but he didn't bolt out the door either! (lol) He held me tight for a few, and it was not a moment during love making either. We talked about it, and I know he has been so burned, and have been told once before he would probably be slow to commit. I try to handle him as delecate as I can, because I don't want to
push him away either. After I told him ((praying I don't stick my foot in my mouth saying this)) but he has seemed to be a little more attentive towards me. That to me is nice and flattering, so I am praying me telling him has been a good thing in just two short days. I love him with all my heart and want to be supportive of him, not clingy, short sweet texts once in awhile and our norman routine of talking. He had also made the comment "in the past 15yrs I had been use to getting attached and then things just vansih." I tried to assure him that I would never hurt him and he told me he didn't thing that I would.
Not sure what question or answers I am looking for, maybe just wanting to put this out there and chat some about it I guess. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• My BF and I have been together almost a year. We live together and he has even taken the role of DADDY for my younger daughter whose father decided he didnt need to be a part of her life. We deeply care about each other and have talked about being together for the long run but...neither of us has said the words. I KNOW we both feel them but the last time I said them to someone, I was hurt BAD and he had a really nasty divorce about 4 years ago and we are just scared the words will ruin it but I am gettin to the point that I NEED to say it.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 9:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• That is so wonderful HM! I have kids and I think that part of why he is so hard to totally commit is because he doesn't get to see his anymore, I don't try and push my kids off on him, for the most part I wouldn't want to get my kids attached and then him leave and my kids are left hanging. BUT also he has such a hard time with his, his ex abanded them all including him, came back a few years later and yanked the rug out from under him through the courts and got the kids and moved out of State and had remarried. I can't imagine going through something like that! I understand about saying the words, I was scared to death!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Just a small thought for you to mull over....Women have sex and it is emotional. The act is more than just an "act". Women+sex+love emotions = woman + man forever. Men have sex and while they have emotions, I think most of them are emotional about the feeling of release or possession/power. Men+sex = stress reliever and sleep forever. Of course, this is not an exact theory but it is a natural intuitive part of life. Some men will also say "love" and they mean it.....when you are having sex with them. When it's over....so is the love. They meant it, for about two minutes. Again, this is not all men or women.
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 10:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Well considering that most think love comes from sex, I would say NO in this case. I have known this man since I was 9yrs. old, and have always liked him and the love part for me has to do with more than just sex. I never said he said it and NONE of this was during sex. So where you come up with all the stuff you just said was a waste of your time....maybe yours or others you know love is based off of sex, but not mine for him. So thanks but no thanks...NOTHING to mull over for me. I am IN love and have been in love before we ever had sex :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011