so i love my man but i cant tell him..

so me and my man have been together for 16 months and we were friends before that. i am in love with him and my daughter loves him and calls him daddy but he is just not emotional and he shows me he loves me i just wish he would tell me and my daughter once and awhile i tell her goodnight and i love her and he tells her goodnight when she says she loves him will he ever say it ?

kyiahsmommy

Asked by kyiahsmommy at 9:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Allowing yourself to fall in love and marry a man who hasn't told you he loves you isn't exactly genious on your part. You'll have to work him into expressing himself slowly. Start by seeing if you can get him to say it while you're making love. Then coax him along until he's more comfortable saying it daily. In the meantime, lot's of women have men who Say they love them but don't show it... which one is worse? Good Luck
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My ex husband use to tell me all the time he loved me and would hardly show it then when we were divorcing he said he never loved he just thought he was doing the right thing because we had a child together (yeah he said it married me and we had two more totalling three). So if he is showing you something, that is a wonderful plus, something I had never had and envy. He shows you but hasn't told you, have you told him?? Maybe he is waiting on you??? Very well could be who knows but allowing your daughter to call him daddy, seems to be something there, I don't know a man these days who would allow it, without such a commitment. Sounds like you have a good thing going on, wish you the best! :)
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My DH sounds alot like your SO...We have been together for 10 yrs,and I can count on 1 hand how many times he tells me "I love you" But I think, if your SO is showing u how much he loves you and your daughter, well thats almost as good. U 2 only has been together for 16 months, give him time. If 2 or 3 yrs goes by, then I would ask him. Maybe he grew up in a family that wasn't real verbally affectionate and it feels
    "weird" to him. Just keep telling him u love him, and explain to your daughter I am sure she will understand.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• When he is ready he will. Dont push him into it.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 11:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ask him to say "I love you". Tell him it makes you feel good to hear it.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Some men could say it all day but in the end they're just words, if he shows it that's all that matters. It will mean more if you just wait til he's ready, in the meantime feel comforted in the fact that he shows you love. It would bug me if he wouldn't say it in response to my child, but if there's any chance he's just protecting himself I'd take it as him just not being ready or scared to get too close.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2011