Counselors orders! please help!!

so my husband and i are seeing a counselor to help on some issues we have, and we have a homework assignment to find "rules" for me and my husband to follow. what I mean by this is like "be respectful" or " pick up after yourself" etc. can someone help come up with a few more ideas. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• You might want to further define what you consider to be "respectful".
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• when u do have a disagreement agree not to yell...(sit down and talk like adults)
    Anonymous

• I AM THE POSTER

we have discussed "respectful" to an extent. i just did not put the whole shabang on here! lol
    Anonymous

• yes I agree with PP and also just take your time and think about what you REALLY need. I want to give suggestions but they may be MY issues, not yours and this therapy is intended to be private and specific to your needs as a couple. I am sure if you take some quiet time and think about the reasons you are in counseling to begin with, constructing a list should be no problem. Good luck!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i need me time, i need to be listened too, i need equal share in house work, it's hard cause we don't know your issues.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• POSTER AGAIN!
    i am just looking for simple "basic" rules, that every relationship should follow
    Anonymous

• When we disagree on something, we will stick to the issue at hand and address it rather than accusing or namecalling.
    We will consider each other and our relationship when making any decisions.
    If something is bothering either one of us, we will make the time to talk about it and try to work on a solution.
    Things like that?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 2:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• We don't say shut up because it is mean and nasty.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Be considerate of the others feelings(its not you who feels this way, its them, so let them feel)
    talk to , not at
    ask questions, don't give statements
    no yelling at all
    make a date night every so often and stick to it(I know some won't agree,but, you did date before marriage, so go back to why you fell in love)
    share in all responsibilities of home, even the little stuff
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If there is an problem that is about to begin an argument, everyone needs to go to their seperate corners until everyone has calmed down and can talk calmly, even if it takes a day or two.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008