Have you ever had to do CPR?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 9:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• Yes....my aunt was not keeping an eye on her 3 year old son and he went out back and fell into the pool. I saw him fall in and ran out there to get him out. When we got him out he had already stoped breathing (still a heartbeat)....Glad I took a CPR class in high school....I always keep up the certification for it because you never know when you might need it. By the way he was fine =) And still to this day will not go near a pool.....

My dad had to do it one time when we were on a church camping trip and they were playing vollyball in the pool and a kid (aprox15) slipped and hit his head on the bottom of the pool...my grandpa saw him and got everyone out of the pool and dad went in for him...they both helped with the CPR and now to this day my dad and grandpa still get birthday and christmas cards from him and his family...this was over 10 years ago....super nice guy =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Just over the phone, I'm a 911 dispatcher. Never had to do it in person though, thankfully.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes, on my father. ribs crackin' and all!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• despite my red cross certification I went numb when my son choked. he was a toddler, somewhere in the 13-15 month range and was eating a fresh fruit appetizer plate from a local diner we ate at all the time. we learned later their fridge was wonky and little bowls of things like that (salads too) were freezing. so he was eating a rock hard piece of melon turned into ice. My knees turned to rubber and I didn't from what to do. Luckily my DH has a clear head and although didn't know CPR he laid him upside down on his arm and smacked his back and then shoved his fingers down his mouth to retrieve the small bits that did not choke/cough out. I thought I was dreaming it was soooo weird and strange
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• nope thank god!
    bobo69

Answer by bobo69 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011