tip toe

my three year old son tip toes everywhere, he is capable of walking on his feet if told to do so, but after two seconds goes right back to the toes. along with it is the constant drool, what do you guys think, anyone else with that?

Kare0608

Asked by Kare0608 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 2 year old son does the same thing. he loves to walk around on his tip toe and i noticed that he does it more when he wants something to eat or if he gets something he wants lol. at first when he started i got a lil freaked out but my dh says when he was young he walked on his tip toesalso.  i say he's just getting his calves strong for sports haha

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ask your child's doctor. It could be just a stage and nothing to worry about. The drooling seems like there might be a reason for both. Also look into getting early intervention testing- better to catch any delays and get the therapy now than wait until later. Don't worry- it's not a big deal
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My son never did that....or at least not yet lol. But my friends son does it ALL the time. She always has his shoes on him because he cant do it in them lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have a friend whose daughter does this and has for a while, the dr said she has something with her Achilles tendon not being long enough and she tip toes because of it. Theyre going to have to do surgery for it to help it. I think its rare, and some kids may just tip toe for fun, but if it lasts a long time, id tell the dr.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I go to physical therapy and I mentioned that my 4 yo loves to toe walk. She said sometimes its a n issue of the achilles tendon being to tight (not a good thing) or certain diseases make toe walking an issue. But she says if tis a continual thing in healthy children it acti\ually will shorten from lack of use. So why it seems cute its not a good habit to get involved with.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2011