what is something you misunderstood as a child or teen?

me: a criminal or murderer being given life plus 10 years. I thought that meant they'd spend the rest of their life in prison and their body or bones would spend another 10. Like before it'd be released to their family, buried, let off prison property.

Honestly I was probably in highschool before I realized that wasn't what it meant.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I used to call my sister a dildo.... I thought it was just another way to say she was being stupid. My dad almost had a stroke! I don't think I was more than 11 or 12.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 10:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• well lets see i thought that at the age of 6 or 7 (i think) that people on tv were all living and that they were living in the tv. I was like daddy i love elvis i want to meet him. he was like you cannot i was like why he is right there , he says he is dead i said nun uh he is in the tv. He had to explain to me
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had a relative who was an engineer. I thought that meant that he was a train conductor

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My dads birthday is on Sept 25, my uncles birthday is on Sept. 20.  I could NOT figure out how my dad was older than my uncle when his birthday is 5 days after his!  LOL!  They were born in different years, ha ha ha!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• one time when i was a lil girl my dad told my mom he wanted a quickie, so i said i wanted one too. i thought he was talking about a glass of chocolate milk. you know Nestle nesquik lol. i remembered they busted out laughing. kids say the darndest things hahah

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• When I was about 5 my grandmother used to take me to daycare/kindergarten every morning on her way to work and I remember her telling me we can't be late because she doesn't want to get fired. This scared the crap out of me because I thought that meant her boss would light her on fire!!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• <3 symbol for a heart thought she was telling me she would be home around 3 lets just say it is a good thing she cleared it up with out attitude haha!
    MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 12:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• When I was going to the Boys and Girls club in Virginia all the high schoolers were talking about a dance called the butterfly. I told them I knew how to do it! So, I stood in the middle of the group and starting flapping my arms up and down like butterfly wings. Was I ever wrong!!!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 11:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• slapping foreheadwhen i was 4-5 i thought when girls grew up to be women that they grew penises lol. i thought my mom had a penis.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I overheard my family talking that my favorite uncle was going to the pen for bootlegging whiskey. The only pen I knew about was a pig pen, and I though he would have to stay with the pigs and went everyday looking for him until my parents explained that it was a short word for penitentiary, another word for jail. Well, I knew what a jail was, because another relative was the jailer, and I had played in the cells.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011