Do your kids like their names?

Ale thinks her name (Alejandra) is too long and too common... she also doesn´t like it that I only gave her ONE name (as opposed to latin custom where everyone gets AT LEAST two names--I got three, and hate it, plus I really wanted Alejandra to be her first name and couldn´t find anything that sounded good with it... Alejandra Maria, Alejandra Gabriela, Alejandra Andrea... )

Belovedmoonpixi

Asked by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son does and I think my daughter does too but she has had a few phases wanting to be called her middle name, majesty, and hannah (as in montana)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My twins are funny. One of the girls names are Vanessa, and the other name is Vanese. They always say that I should have named them the opposite.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• That's too funny my dd just came to me and said she wishes her name was rihanna. she was dancing the wii just dance and she loves rihanna. her name is alyssa yessena. and i told her when she has a dd she could name her that.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my daughter is alexis..and she insists on being called lexi lou lou...i have no idea where the lou lou part came from!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes, my two daughters like their names. Their names are a little bit unusual, so I was concerned they'd go through a phase where they hated them, but so far they haven't.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I just asked them and they said "Of course!"
    Nigel is named after his father.
    MaryJane is named after Spiderman's girlfriend.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2011