I have a question...

I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and I worried I am gonna get it again with this pregnancy. Is there anyone else out there that had this problem to? And since im pregnant again does that mean I will get them again?

Heather9601

Asked by Heather9601 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Did you tell a fibby fib and drink soda or anything before you went in for the test?  I had it with my 1st because I did that.  I haven't had any problems with it other than that. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Your chances of having it again are increased but it's not a guarentee.

A friend of mine had it with the first baby and so when she got pregnant with the second she followed the diet her whole pregnancy just to be on the same side. She never developed it.
    Anonymous

• nope I didnt drink or eat anything that morning I didnt have time my appt. was at 8:30 and thats when they made me drink that cup of orange nasty stuff and told me I had them and I cried for hours
    Heather9601

Comment by Heather9601 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Babe it's not the end of the world!  I know it seems horrible but really it's not!  Yeah I hate that nasty crap too.  It doesn't mean that you are going to have it with this baby!  You already know what it's like to have it so you already know the ins and outs!  I know it's upsetting but you'll get through it even if it shows you have it again!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• its POSSIBLE but not guaranteed
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011