how do i

how do i tell someone that is living in my home for free in a nice way to get off their butt and help clean and take care of their kid. they go to work come back and the kid screems all day that they are home but the kid is fine when they are gone and she likes us and does not screem for us but all day for them we have 7 kids of our own and we are caring for them and theirs and they hav a job but only gives us a little money for food and gas oh and we drive them around too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Call a meeting. And say that with the economy and such, you've come up with a better plan for everyone to contribute financially. That sort of removes all personal attitudes from it. It's just a plan, nothing more, nothing personal. Then work into the conversation about how much better it could be if everyone, going by their ages, had certain jobs to do around the house.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• kick them to the curb. Seriously, if it's a family member, I know it's hard but in my experience,people who take advantage of you only get worse...not better. It will bring you down for sure!!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Say exactly what you just said but in other words when you have one on one time. Obviously this person doesnt have the common sense to do it on their own and just needs a kick in the ass. IF things dont work out then tell them that they have to move on
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Wow, you need to talk to them and they need to find their own place. I had the same thing happen to me and when I asked for help, they looked at me and told me that they could not help because they had bills to pay. I know I had everyone in my family against me at the time but I had to get mad and just stop the insanity. Of course, they ended up having enough money saved up by then to get their own apt. About the kids though, that is always the case, when the parent has been out and finally comes back home, kids tend to act up to let you know they missed you all day.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i feel sorry for their kids. they must not be very good parents. what i would do personally is keep the children and tell them they need to go and get their shit together.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i have 7 of my own and they have one i cant care for another when my husband is only on call for his job and we have bills to pay and no help and we refuse to go get on atap
    Anonymous