Do you cook a big meal every night, or do you not feel like cooking sometimes...and do something really simple. If so, whats the simplest thing you have made...and how often?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I enjoy cooking nice meals but not every night. I've been known to make breakfast burritos, pancakes, or soup and sandwiches for supper.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I try to cook a great meal most nights, but sometimes I do feel like making something simple. I'll just put some boneless skinless chicken breasts in a pan with some carrots, onions and potatoes, put a little apple cider or chicken broth and some seasonings, cover it and bake.

If I plan ahead, I'll put a pork roast in the crocpot with some bbq sauce, in the morning, and serve it on buns with oven fries.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No big meals every night. most of the time, it's just the main dish without sides. I tend to do easy things...stir fry and just mix it up. I don't like cooking every night so I'll suggest we eat out or pick something up...every now and again order pizza or we have a "fend for yourself" night with leftovers or microwavable meals.

Simple meals...most of mine are within 30 minutes. Stir fry just tossing frozen veggies into the cooked meat or one of my kids faves is meat n peas...basically ground beef with peas and beefy onion mix...served on rice....and they tend to put a little soy sauce in it, but I prefer the natural flavors.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 10:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• the slow cooker is my friend. the slow cooker is my friend. lol.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• we've been known to have cereal if no one is very hungry.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• lol...that is still going all out. You must like cooking. I will usually cook every night of the school week. on the weekends, I dont always feel like cooking..so maybe order out for Pizza, or something simple like velveta mac and cheese, with some bread sticks...and a salad. I have also done pancakes with turkey sausages and fruit. They actually love when I cook simple things.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Cook a big meal most nights, I love to cook, but sometimes I just don't feel like it, so we eat out, which I love too. The crockpot is my friend, and those are planned easy nights. Turkey parts with two cans of cream of chicken soup and chunks of potato. I also like making a ham or roast and cooking once, eating twice. Also smoked sausage with baked beans is another favorite quick meal idea. Sometimes it's "fend for yourself night" or breakfast for dinner.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• there are lot of big meals that you can turn the left overs into something easy the next day. But on quick simple nights, usually its breakfast for dinner. Or sometimes, as simple as a sandwich
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• If I don't feel like cooking I usually make veggie omelettes
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2011