If your mil was all up in your business ....

Mil again (sorry!) anyway, this unsupportive negative woman in my home keeps telling my dh her son that he can not do anything! She has no idea what kind of an income he makes! Would you tell her how much he makes or just to keep her nose out of your business?

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• It's none of her business! She's lucky you haven't thrown her out yet! Mil's feel they need to know EVERYTHING! Mine does anyway. I hope and pray I will never be a burden on my boys. As long as their with someone who loves them then I'm happy.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'd tell her to back off, period. It's none of her business what your family's income is. And thats exactly what I'd tell her too.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• LOL!  GF buy her the damn house already!  Your going nuts being there with her!  Have a meltdown and yell at her to mind her own business.  Blame it later on something you ate!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• when my MIL is rude and hateful to my husband (her only child!) I actually punish her and not let them talk for a week..... she loves to belittle him and it breaks my heart. she raised him, if she is not happy with his earning potential its her own FRICKING FAULT.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm already having a party because eventually you aren't going to be able to take any more and you will tell her to have a cup of STFU, lmfao!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• id ignore it, my MIL was the same way for years and i just ignored it and killed her with kindness, if she made some sort of advice towards us, id just nod and say "uh-huh" and smile.... now we get along great!
    Anonymous

• If you tell her how much he makes it will only give her more to work with....Trust me....I tried that with my mom....did not work well lol. Just ignore it....I know its hard but HANG IN THERE!
    Anonymous

• I would ignore her, if she wants to act like a rude child, treat her like one
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Seriously mrshouston do you want to come to the party when she leaves?
    Noosa

Comment by Noosa (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Sometimes in the matter of mother inlaws things are best if left unsaid.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011