Are you Adopted?

If yes do you want to find your birthmother? (or natural mother etc)

MrsWeathers

Asked by MrsWeathers at 10:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Adoption

• yes, I am adopted. I never felt the need to find my bio parents. I actually thought very rarely of them... I just wish I could thank them for giving me a good set of parents. Sis, on the other hand, sought out her birth mom and it must have been a mess, because she can{t bear to even talk about being adopted, and hasn{t told her children. This poses a problem for me, because I´m very open with my dd, so I´ve had to ask her not to tell anything to her cousins (who are 11 and 15 years older than her!)
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No but my cousin's were adopted and a friend of mine gave her baby up for adoption about 10 yrs ago and it was an open adoption which i think is great for the child and her. If i were adopted i would want to find out who they were and what they looked like. I look just like my dads side of the family and i act just like him, I even sleep like him but i am built like my mom. I would want to know.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I was adopted at birth. I met my birth mother when I was 28.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Hope you dont mind me going anon, just more comfortable. I did find my birth mother after I was married and had kids. It didnt turn out so well. The circumstances of how I was conceived where very unfavorable and probably something I would have been better off not knowing. My birth mother was extremely uncomfortable about meeting me and it put a damper on the whole experience. We lost contact within a few months of finding each other. Some things are better left alone.

Anonymous

• I guess I could say more...it is a strange relationship with her. Both of my parents have since passed. They knew we met infect they always knew who she was. I had the most WONDERFUL childhood a person could wish for. I got to tell her that it made her cry. She had 3 other children and kept them all. She was 16 and was forced to give me up.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm adopted and did search for my bfamily. My bmom refused to talk with me but I did meet a lot of other relatives and am still in contact with some of them.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm adopted. Had a crappy afamily. didn't begin search until (1996) my daughter had medical issues. Found mom, she placed a contact veto, refusing contact.
    Went on to find 3 older brothers and 2 younger sisters and all kinds of extended family. Sibs and I had a long distance relationship for a year before we met F2F. Sibs invited Mom to come along to meet me. Mom stopped denying she had me, and met me on August 1, 2002. I've been in their life as family ever since.

And yes, I wanted to know all of them all my life. But, I believed my Mother hated me. It wasn't until *my* adoption had an effect on my children that I found it in myself to take the chance and learn my truth.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 11:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• There is an amazing group here called "Adoption from the Adoptee's Point of View." In it, adoptees discuss adoptee issues and journeys, including their desire (or lack of desire) for reunion and their emotions regarding reunion.

Oh, and one more thing: As an adoptive mother, I find the adoptee group extremely helpful, particularly in deciding whether I was comfortable with an open adoption. :-)
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 1:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• im not no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am adopted. I'm terrified of getting hurt, so I'd say no. But, I am incredibly curious. Almost like I wish I could meet her without her meeting me. My records are sealed and I'm 22. I'd probably only ask 3 questions: Why?; Why did you do drugs while pregnant?; Was I a repulsive baby or something, because the records I do have stated you "never wanted to lay eyes on me."?
    Penguin88

Answer by Penguin88 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011