Do you have family like this?

Never calls you and if you are upset about it they are like well you never call us?

I had a situation with it. I call or text them from time to time but no one ever contacts me. A relative said when I do just send random message(something funny may have crossed my mind and thought she would enjoy it) she is like "I listen to all you bs messages". I was like wow... didn't know text messages have to be deep thoughts! lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• My family isn't close. We just check on each other on FB!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yeah use to contact them via fb but I got sick of seeing my cousin talk about silly stuff...she suppose to be in law school but she is in the hood smoking weed. Like yeeeeaahhhhhhhhhhh lol I'm just not into them right now lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i have a huge Mexican family we are super close...and when drama we resolve it with a good big pot of tamales and have our usual family meetings...
    jrsmommy17

Answer by jrsmommy17 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• oh that is awesome!!!! jrsmommy. I would throw the pot of hot oil on my family jk
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Are we related? You're talking about Sherley aintcha?? LOL
    Seriously... a decade ago I'd had had it past my eyeballs with that BS.... my parents were the worst. They, literally NEVER called me and I LITERALLY budgeted 60 minutes of talk time (via old AT&T land line prices for long distance) to talking to family. Most of that usually got spent on talking to my mom (who never shuts up). But if I missed a month... WHOA NELLY BAR THE DAMN DOOR! "Why are you mad at us? What did we do to make you mad? You must be mad or you would have called. Blah, blah blah.... one year I'd had it. I took out my phone bills, ran a quick tally on how many minutes I'd spent talking to them (on my dime) over the last year... and told them about it. Along with, exactly what you're family says to you "THE PHONE LINES WORK BOTH WAYS!" Grrr irritating as all get out! Set em straight - then be prepared to do it again in a few years. LOL
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• For us "family" means my husband and my kids.. the other people we call "relatives" we love them.. from a distance. I usually call my mother, brother and some aunts on a regular.. the rest of the family we keep in contact on facebook. and i also plan a reunion every year.. thats when we all see how we are doing and talk about the events going on.. we love each other, but we are not in each others way :)
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• What a crazy mess, but i have similiar situation with inlaws. they dont want to call me only my DH and then get all bent out of shape when I dont make an effort. Dont let it bother you so much, they are not worth it, IMO.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yeah my family on some real fakeness. they act like they care but where are they when I really need them? they are like oh well you shoulda called to tell me. Why do i always have to call you to tell you everything. Shit you can call me and ask what's up. I hate em...
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2011