My DD is sick SO MUCH!!!

From about october until current, my daughter has been sick non stop! if its not one thing, its another, ear ache, high fever cough cold runny nose URI.. everything!

It seems that anytime someone gets sick, she GETS IT!

I try to keep her healthy, feed her well, bed ontime, good sleeping plays good to exercise ....

im starting to worry maybe she has a low immune system? shes 2.

i def plan on taking her to the dr, HOWEVER....our insurance is canceled right now. BUMMER!

right now she has a runny nose (shes had this for baout 2 months) and has a NASTY cough, almost sounds weezy sometimes... but not like whooping cough or anything ( i dont think) last night she coughed for about 5 min straight. i prop her up while she sleeps, humidifer vicks rub....

any input how i can help keep her NOT sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Kids' Health

• since she's so little can't she get on medical assistance at least on a temporary basis? FIGHT for her, fight for it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had the same issue with my oldest. Turned out he has asthma plus alergies. A Dr. is going to be your best best bet to get answers
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i would also try your state government funded assistance...u may want to also look into a health unit...we have them in louisiana and the charges are based on your income
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 10:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I was getting assistance, (low income single parent) however, they always seem to "lose" information and it got canceled. I am re-applying right now actually, but it will take about a month to get it back....it's so frustrating.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My oldest was always sick as a baby. We were at the doctors on a rotating basis for something. Turns out that despite being on antibiotics many times her ears never fully cleared, so she would be fine for a week or two and start getting sick all over again. She had to have tubes put in and it cleared the problem. I'm not saying that's what it is, but definitely take her to the doctors, especially with her weezing. Keep records of how often she is there, what meds, all of it. Maybe they can look at their files and find something that will help. Poor little thing. It's got to be a strain on you as well.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You can adjust your lifestyle a bit to build up your immune system. Not getting enough sleep can lower your resistance to disease. So can being dehydrated, so be sure to drink plenty of water a day. Meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Sugar can break down your immune system for up to six hours! There is an epidemic of magnesium deficiency in the US; this causes weakened immune systems, and can increase the frequency of migraines, asthma, and cause a whole host of other issues; we take a cal/mag/D daily.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• She is eating good and getting good sleep and playing and running around thats what i dont get
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2011