I need help

potty trainin my daughter she is getting worse she now does number 2 on herself then takes it out of her diaper and play with it and it is bad because she is always doing this everytime she pottys on herself makes me wanna throw up. But any advice would be great this is just to gross.

Heather9601

Asked by Heather9601 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well she seems really, really ready. maybe ditch the diapers???

otherwise stop and take a breather for awhile. take like a 2-4 week break and re-group. take her 1 piece sleeps (I'm sure she has a few!) and snip the feet off of them. put them on backwards, zipper up the butt/back so she cannot strip.

this will buy you time while u figure out your potty training game plan, since it's going sooo badly right now! good luck
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• wow..try taking her to the bathroom more often...like when you go...i really dont know how to answer that one for ya...but ill bump ya
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 10:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have tried everything and it doesnt work I get her to go sit on the potty when I am using it and it still doesnt work I have offered her things and she still doesnt want to use her potty or the big potty I am really lost when it comes to this
    Heather9601

Comment by Heather9601 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I agree backwards clothes and pj's will help with the getting into her diaper and playing with poop. I suggest finding a way to stay home for a period of a few days, cancel dinner plans or shopping trips. Ditch the diaper and put her in actual underwear. If you have carpets cover them in plastic, and do a potty training intense boot camp. I'm assuming she's at least 3 since this is in preschoolers and at that age she's plenty old enough to know not to play with her poop. A baby is just exploring and still learning, at 3 she knows that's gross and wrong. Positive reinforcement is a good way to go, reward her every single time she attempts to go potty/goes potty. If she messes herself talk about how that's not what big girls do, and this behavior doesn't get a reward. Unless there's something medically wrong she'll eventually come around. Typically children of that age want to please.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011