I caught a bad bad stomach virus and my stomach is cramping and i am throwing up..is the baby affected by that??

i am 25 weeks preg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Baby should be fine as long as you're getting the fluids and nutrition you need. Baby might feel some of the cramping, but your uterus is very protective, so it won't hurt baby. The most important thing is to make sure you are getting plenty of water, because dehydration can actually cause early labor. If it goes on for several days and you're not able to eat, then I would be concerned about nutrition, but you'll probably see a doctor by then, anyway, if it comes to that. Don't worry, baby is in a good place! Hang in there!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i THINK yes and no. if the baby's big enough the cramping might contract your uterus and bother them, but as long as they're getting their nutrients you should be good (take those vitamins and drink juice!). idk how bad stomach viruses are or what they do to your body (literally virus- or bacteria- wise). call your doctor. goodluck
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Honestly I don't know the answer, but I also got the flu worse than I've had it in yrs. while I was preg. w/ my last baby. I was worried as well, but everything turned out ok w/ her. Try to stay hydrated as best you can, and if you're truly worried call the dr. Hope you feel better really soon!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had that happen with my first pregnancy. I ended up going to the ER because I was dehydrated and I couldn't stop throwing up. They ended up giving me fennegan and an iv to replenish my fluids. The dr said that the baby would be fine.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011