so.. i'm preg. i think..

okay so my hubby and i have a two year old and we want to have another one.. well for the past two months we've been trying and well i have all the symptoms.. like morning sickness.. always tired.. umm.. nausea.. basically everything that comes with preg. however i took a preg. test and it came back negetive it is possible that the test is wrong? and i could be preg.. and the test is just plain wrong? is that possible? i dont know help me? i know i should probably go to the doc. but i havent had the time.. so help me.

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• yea it can be wrong, u have to wait until u really have to go so you can get as much of the pregnant hormones in your pee, then again you can have the symptoms and not be. Wanting to be pregnant can make the mind play tricks on the body.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• What brand of test did you use? Some are more sensitive than others. Also, false negatives are a lot more common than false positives. You could still be pregnant! Go to the doctor and get a blood test. They are 100% percent accurate as far as I know!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Have you missed your period yet? Most pregnancy tests are the most accurate at least a week after your period was supposed to start.
    It's possible that you got a false negative, but it's also possible that your symptoms are due to the fact that you want to be pregnant, and you think you might be. The mind can have a lot of power over the body. I can't even tell you how many times I have suspected I was pregnant and got all the symptoms, only to find out that I wasn't. Once it was confirmed that I wasn't pregnant, the symptoms went away. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything. There's a good chance that you are pregnant, I just wanted to give a possible explanation for your symptoms.
    4boysmom32

Answer by 4boysmom32 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It can be wrong. Sometimes urine samples don't have enough of those hormones in them to detect your pregnancy. Give it a week, then try again. Try to do it the first time you have to go the the bathroom in the morning. For whatever reason they say it is more accurate then. Otherwise.. you could just be stressing because you want to have a baby and sometimes your body can fool you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• hello. thanks for all the answers..
    and bout my period well i have an irregular period i only get it once every 6 months if that.. yeah i dont know why ever since i had my son, but then for the past three months i'vebeen having every month.. and right after we started trying to conceive, i had it last month, but i didnt have it this month.. so i think i have to go to the doctor, right? hehe.. monday morning first thing! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My sister took a pg test 6 months ago and it was negative. She is now almost 8 months pregnant!! Nothing like an ultrasound or blood test to tell you what is really going on!
    ZMOM21

Answer by ZMOM21 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2008