is it ever cheaper to buy a mattress online?

new, of course, as I'd never buy a used mattress because the thought of bed bugs creeps me out

we have bunk beds coming any day. I am sure it'll take my husband a million years to build them so I am taking my time shopping around for the 2 mattresses we'll need. Buying crib mattresses back in the day was so easy and much cheaper. Now I want something long lasting but still on budget. Thoughts?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Shopping

• I don't think on line are cheaper. May find in Biglots.
    jazz03

Answer by jazz03 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Oh oh oh!  Check Walmart!  I found new beds there for 79 bucks a piece for bunkbeds!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I wouldn't buy a mattress online, how do you know you will really be sent a new one?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We went to Sleepy's to buy our mattress and then we looked online we saw the same mattress on Sleepy's web site for a fraction of the cost so we called Sleepy's and they matched the given price that was on line. I would shop around both online and off then compare.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• depends i guess
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2011