Airline Travel... Tips?

Pretty soon, I will be traveling with my 2 year old son - he's almost 3 - and it's just me and him to go see his other set of grandparents (my parents) because his dad has to work and can't tag along. Anyway! After long deliberation, I decided that I won't be dragging the car seat into the plane since it's only a 4 hour flight, but I will be getting the CARES harness.
On the way back, we're going to have a connecting flight as well, so there'll be some downtime.

What did you do in my situation? While you were traveling alone with just a toddler.
Should I bring a stroller? What stroller would be best for him? What activities? How'd you keep your kiddo occupied on the plane ride, etc?

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• umbrella stroller. Toys and books, but nothing with pieces to fall on the floor and travel aaaaaaallll through the cabin floor! LOL! (been there, done that, and the kid wouldn´t stop about: I want my toy back, mommy! ugh!). Bring snacks!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Suggestions on umbrella strollers? It's hard finding one that'll do okay with a toddler. He's 33 inches and 30 pounds.
    ManicMomma02

Comment by ManicMomma02 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Here are some Best Strollers for Airplane Travel and some tips for activities. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm in the same situation. I'm bringing the umbrella stroller, a few books/toy and the travel DVD player. He's pretty easy to entertain and I imagine we'll do a lot of walking/running up and down those LONG hallways!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 5:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011