when u heard your babies heart beat for the first time with the doppler......???

Hey, I Heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time today but everyone keeps asking me what the heart rate was. They didnt tell me a heart rate, we only got to hear the heart beat. Is this normal or did you hear the heartbeat and were u told the heart rate??

kenzy715

Asked by kenzy715 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They told me with my first one, and said it was fast, and that meant I was having a girl, but I had a boy.....I don't remember being told the heart rate with my 2nd or 3rd.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We were told the heartrate. That's weird that your doctor didn't tell you... I think they record that info... you might try calling and asking...?
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 11:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Doctor probably just didn't think to tell you, I wouldn't be concerned. I have my own doppler and heard both last pregnancy and this one at about 10 weeks. My doppler does a crummy job of counting the HR, so I have to count it myself. A week ago it was 162, which is on the high side. The baby may have been irritated by the sonar.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• they always told..if they didnt, i asked
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I just listened to the heart beat, I was so excited as it was my first baby, that I completely forgot every other thing-I could hardly hide my big smile & happiness from anyone
    A11

Answer by A11 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I THINK they told me what it was, but I didn't hear it lol. I was too focused on actually hearing it because they thought I'd miscarried (well, we all thought I had because nothing had been showing up on the ultrasounds). I think DH said that the doctor told me the heart rate, though. I know they did the other times I went. A friend of mine never knew the heart rate, though. If they don't tell you next time, just ask them. They probably just get really busy and forget sometimes. Congrats!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my baby girls hb has been 187 175 and 160 high high high
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 9:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I always ask. I'm a nurse, I want to know everything.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2011